Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager – Dallas, TX/ San Diego, CA
Pure Technologies is a world leader in the development and application of innovative technologies for inspection, monitoring and management of physical infrastructure. From monitoring the health of large bridges to protecting pipelines, our technologies and expertise are being used around the world to help manage deterioration and reduce loss. At Pure, our people are the key to our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for all areas of our business.
Pure Technologies US is searching for ambitious and motivated Business Development Managers to drive business in the West Region. Candidates should have an interest in advanced technologies, an entrepreneurial spirit, thrive achieving revenue goals, and is ultimately responsible for developing new business opportunities and increasing revenues.
The individuals are responsible for developing solutions based strategies in assisting utility and industrial clients using state-of-the-art pipeline inspection and monitoring solutions as well as maintaining the satisfaction of existing business relationships in the region.
The market serviced is geographically diverse with many players and potential clients; as such this role requires strategic thinking, accuracy, innovation and strong negotiation skills, which are all critical to securing millions of dollars in revenue.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsibility for sales calls, proposal development, and client relations;
- Acquire new business while continuing to drive revenue from existing clients;
- Build extensive Pure Technologies’ product knowledge from both a technical and client benefit perspective;
- Support and manage client expectations, as well as monitor the execution of projects;
- Prepare and facilitate client presentations;
- Develop strategies and proposal for pipeline assessment projects;
- Work interactively with engineers, planners and scientists on projects;
- Work directly with clients to understand and meet their expectations;
- Responsible for contract negotiations, pricing strategies, and proposal preparation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated, ambitious and confident
- Honest, ethical and forthright with clients
- Must work cohesively and collaboratively with multiple departments/levels and with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Energetic, driven and able to build a ‘trusted partner’ relationship with clients
- Ability to be independent and operate with minimal supervision
- Must possess a strong business sense of how to develop, grow and maintain sales revenues in assigned territory
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, written and spoken
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, a Professional Engineer is a plus
- Prior sales or management experience is required (technical sales or consulting engineering firms specializing in the water and /or waste water markets)
- Able to travel 50 – 70%
- Must be eligible to work in U.S
EOE/ Females/ Minorities/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled